I agree about the Mooney thing, but otherwise not.  I’m not saying it was
one of the best episodes of all time; I am saying it was one of the best
episodes of the season.

My social media feed did not have much reference to SNL either way. After
reading your take I googled it, and did not see wide spread disdain (
admittedly I did not spend a lot of time on this project). I find myself in
agreement almost entirely with this review:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.avclub.com/sterling-k-brown-shines-on-an-almost-great-saturday-ni-1823677563/amp