Thanks for posting that here Doug; I have been following it all weekend,
and it has been heartbreaking. The loss of the young people is horrific of
course; the way Canadians are responding is even more heart rending. There
is a mournful undertone of how could something they love so much be in any
way associated with taking away their children.

HS football probably is close, especially if you live in Texas. But we may
not have a really good approximation...

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 3:00 PM Doug Eastick <east...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:

> Unsure how much coverage this has received in the USA, but thought I'd
> pass it along.   I know that your president tweeted about it over the
> weekend.
>
> On Friday night a transport truck hit a bus full of a hockey team.  15
> people died. Freaking tragic.  On Sunday night, all CBC methods of
> communication (tv, radio, stream) broadcast the vigil .  The link is below.
>
> For those unfamiliar with Saskatchewan.... consider Montana or North
> Dakota.  Highways that are straight and long.  Posted speed limit is 100
> km/h.   But every now and then there is a crossroad with a stop-sign.   It
> appears the transport driver didn't stop.   There are no results yet as to
> the investigation.  The driver survived, but I'm sure his life will never
> be the same.
>
> The other interesting fact of humanity is that a GoFundMe page racked up
> $4M within 48 hours.
>
> For Americans -- imagine half a high school football team killed in a
> crash.  Or brits, a soccer team.
>
> https://youtu.be/cUZeo8Cec9U
>
> RIP Humboldt

Sent from Gmail Mobile