... which is I guess how Pauly Shore is phrasing his mom, the force behind
The Comedy Store, is near death.

Lots of tributes from comics on the Store’s Twitter. Even before I ever
went to see a comic perform there, I’d heard wild stories of the stage-door
drama of the place. Mitzi was the center of the drama. But she could spot
talent.

I have seen a few friends actually perform in the main room, which is
something I could never do. You name a comic of the past four decades, and
either they played the main room or they wanted to play the main room. It
is a comedy Mecca. But the parking sucks.
--
Kevin M. (RPCV)