I don’t know - the nominations for dramatic and comedy series seem pretty
good to me: The Americans, The Crown, Handmaid’s Tale, Westworld, Ozark,
Atlanta, GLOW,  The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Silicon Valley. I have watched
all of these shows in the last season, enjoyed all of them, and found them
to be about as good as television has ever produced (I don’t think we are
in a real Golden Age of television, I think that has passed - but I think
we are in a very satisfying Silver Age.

Now it is true that none of the programs I have highlighted were on
broadcast television, and less than half were even on cable TV.  This Is Us
and The Good Place were the best shows on broadcast this season.