I suspect that there's no right answer to this.

On the one hand, I might very well choose not to spend money on seeing him,
but it's probably pretty usual to go to small comedy clubs without knowing
exactly who's going to be playing. As a consumer, all I can really do is
vote with my feet. If I don't want to see a particular performer, then
avoid the clubs that book them.

It also seems pretty strange to try to avoid the elephant in the room when
he performed as well. While it wouldn't necessarily mean that every
performance he gives will be an extended mea culpa in future, the inverse
is not true either.

The closest thing I can think of involves a British comedian called Jimmy
Carr (he's done the odd thing on Comedy Central and has a Netflix panel
show coming soon). A few years ago he was implicated in a tax avoidance
scheme that was declared illegal. He was caught bang to rights and had to
suck it up. He didn't really stop doing stuff. There are loads of panel
shows for comedians in the UK, so he was kept busy. But for a good year or
two afterwards, it repeatedly came up, with other comics mocking him on
air. He sucked it all up, and in his own way apologised.

Now of course, tax fraud is nowhere near as serious as sexual offences, and
can't just be laughed off, or used as the basis of a set. But in that
instance it was unthinkable that it wasn't mentioned.

I honestly don't know how Louis CK could continue his career at this point.
I would think it'd take a wait of years rather than months. And he might
want to do things very differently when he tries to reboot.

I suppose it's like the thorny issue of reformed sex offenders. They need
to re-enter society, or they simply become a permanent burden on the state,
and so they need to be allowed to get a job and a home. But I'm not going
to be happy that they're working alongside me, or living next door.

Adam