On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 5:25 PM Melissa P <takingupspace...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In such a severe case of misogyny, I'm assuming she's an enabler.  Perhaps
> I'm making an incorrect assumption.
>
> I've just read a story in another group about how he helped a high school
> classmate he really didn't know when the classmate lost his job and
> couldn't find another.
>
> Very few people are pure evil.

My assumption was that she was willfully ignorant about him, possibly in
denial. She might have heard snippets of stories over the years but there
was no good to come from confronting Les about rumors. To call her an
enabler means that she knew what was going on and I won't dismiss that
possibility. How she responds might shed light on that.

As to how she got her jobs, I think we all agree that it's naive to believe
that show business is a meritocracy. And it would be naive to think that
there was an open competition for host for those two shows and she proved
herself better than her competitors. But that's a systemic problem with the
industry and not simply a strike at her for not being deserving.