From: tvornottv@googlegroups.com <tvornottv@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Diner
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 12:56 PM
To: TVorNotTV <tvornottv@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] And the new “Jeopardy!” host is rumored to be…

Also reminds me of when GWB hired Dick Cheney to head his vice presidential
search committee... guess who got the job?
On Thursday, August 5, 2021 at 9:56:02 AM UTC-4 PGage wrote:
Harriet Miers, W. Bush’s former personal attorney, and WH Counsel at the time,
whose job included reviewing and recommending SCOTUS appointees, and whose
singular accomplishment was to unite Democrats and Republicans in what at the
time felt like a hyper-partisan environment in condemnation of her extreme lack
of qualifications for the job. The main thing I recall about her is she
described W. as the smartest man she ever knew.

Yes, this does seem like that, and perhaps will end the same way. The article
seems to leave room for a change of mind here, and it’s possible Sony is
running this up the flag pole to see just how unpopular it is.

If they stay with this, it will be hard not to take it as a giant “Fuck You” to
fans from Sony. What was the point of the whole public try out period, if they
were only going to pick someone who at best was mediocre, and that only served
to prove there were several candidates, some who clearly wanted the job, who
performed much better?