I am not referring to the Kimes incident specifically but to non-athletes
commenting on athletic performances. Too much emphasis is placed on stats
and not things like leadership and teamwork. Johnny Unitas was maybe just
an above average passer who could hit the long ball but everyone seems to
agree he was one of the great leaders. And that qualifies him as one of the
great quarterbacks.
So Garoplo's contributions may not show up in the stats but show up in the
wins.