Now that you mention postal inspectors, I couldn't remember how the actors on
their show (creatively titled "The Inspectors" and notably mocked by John
Oliver) announced themselves before taking down a perp.
Thankfully the Last Week Tonight episode includes a relevant clip - (2:30 mark)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCjG78McFxQ
David

    On Friday, February 18, 2022, 09:28:52 AM PST, M-D November