Can't comment on the episode, but I read the article last week after seeing
a Twitter link to it, and it seems remarkably well-researched.

https://www.cbc.ca/newsinteractives/features/buffy-sainte-marie

I don't have a vested interest in the story either, although I did see the
documentary about her on American Masters last year. I thought it was
well-done, although I still don't think she's a major artist.