Nigel Lythgoe, the co-creator, co-producer and judge on the long-running
Fox reality comp "So You Think You Can Dance," has left the show a week
after Paula Abdul filed a sexual assault lawsuit against him over alleged
actions while she was working on "American Idol," which he co-created and
co-produced, and then on "Dance" in 2015, when she was a panelist for that
year--Lythgoe denies the accusations, but has still decided to leave,
perhaps to the relief of Fox and show producers Industrial Media and dick
clark productions (what a week for dcp!):

https://www.npr.org/2024/01/06/1223303666/nigel-lythgoe-so-you-think-you-can-dance-sexual-assault-allegations?utm_source=npr_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20240108&utm_term=9197775&utm_campaign=news&utm_id=10634280&orgid=309&utm_att1=

My own concern for "Dance" this season (which starts Mar. 4) is that Cat
Deeley, who I see as more the heart and soul of the show more than anyone
else, will not be back as host.  Her love and support for the contestants
will be greatly missed.