Michael Che suggesting comedians should boycott award shows...
https://www.instagram.com/p/C11qldcLvmF/ (link, hat-tip NY Daily News'
SNYde column
<https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/01/08/michael-che-jo-koy-golden-globes-criticism-comics-should-boycott-hosting-award-shows/?lctg=D4D2A49FF452945A4445354243&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.nydailynews.com%2f2024%2f01%2f08%2fmichael-che-jo-koy-golden-globes-criticism-comics-should-boycott-hosting-award-shows%2f&utm_campaign=The-Daily-News-Flash&utm_content=hybrid>
)

PGage, Jan 8th:

I do wish Koy had asked for and taken my advice; he would have been better
off skipping this gig. I don’t think his set went over well. Not really his
fault - they didn’t give him much time to prepare, and he did not have the
status to really kid around with big stars. The audience looked like they
were all saying “who the fuck is this guy?”.  Even my wife didn’t really
dig it very much. He would have been better off doing 3 min of his Filipino
son schtick and then leaning into his outsider status, rather than trying
to be Billy Crystal. You know you are in trouble when you are an Asian
comedian and Will Ferrell gets a bigger laugh for his sushi joke than you
do.

But he did his job; filled the space while cameras verified that all the
big names showed up (I counted two big names from Succession as only
notable absences. Also Ricky Gervais).

Nothing very notable happened - probably Lily Gladstone winning for Flower
Moon, while not surprising, was most interesting. The two flavors of
Hollywood liberal did not fight it out in public over Israel, as some
feared.  Mostly seemed to demonstrate that the GGs had been detoxified and
Hollywood was clear to again use it to hype their films and careers. I
suspect we will see a bigger named host next year.