Colbert has put segments on Youtube, tho I don't think he started till the
show had been around a few years... B

Adam Bowie, to Kevin M et al, in partJan 17th:

I'm not totally sure why this exists in this spot in the schedule. There's
no obvious virality to it, and you've got to hope that it's being made for
YouTube views as much as linear viewing. Having things in the news to
bounce off is good, although obviously limits repeatability, but I think
doing multiple editions per week is going to wear quickly.