hi frnds.

i got the way of solving.
it took me 4hrs working on it, and at last i got the solution.
actually i am planning it to embed this in JSP as in my project.
here is the solution

get the object of the respective ID

and by using that object we can change the properties.
suppose...
x=document.getElementById(strt);
then it means that we can have complete attributes of that filed by id name
strt.
then we can modify
x.value="Dinesh"

or some thing which we require.

i dont know that we can get that total object properties as in x.
i am very thank full to Satish Vellanki  who gave me link to see in w3schools.

actually i have alredy gone through b4 but not able to find a solution.but when
Satish said i made out.

very much thankful.

N.Dinesh

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               Hi Dinesh,

 Let me try to rephrase what you asked.

 You have 2(or more) text boxes(check box or radio button?) and when the user
selects one of these and clicks a button, the selected element's text should
appear in a different text box?

 You just get the text or checked status of the field in your onclick()
function and set the value of the text box to it.

 See this page on how to access HTML DOM in JavaScript:
http://www.w3schools.com/htmldom/default.asp

 -
 Satish Vellanki