On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Chad Etzel <jazzyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Would love to hear about others' experiences in this area.

Chad,

One thing I've done is to create two distinct accounts for the
SnapTweet application....@snaptweet and @snaptweetdev.  Eventually, I
perceived that supporting so many users with their issues on the main
account was just noise to almost everyone.  So now, whenever I see
someone who needs help, I @-reply them from the dev account and invite
them to email me if it's too long for Twitter.   No noise for my
primary followers and I can keep to posting minimal and quality tweets
on the main account at choice opportunities.  It's worth noting that
these are separate from my personal account (@damon).

As to the poaching question, it *is* a competition for user mindshare
and users cannot decide if they like your app or some feature of your
app, if they don't know about it.  So while repetitive "check out my
app" tweets could definitely get annoying, I think that being
generally helpful to users who are trying to find solutions to let
them kick ass, can only help you grow your user base.

Best,
-damon

--
http://twitter.com/damon