Thanks all for you feedback.  I do agree that it is a free market and
people will indeed vote with their clicks.  I don't just sit back and
hope that people stick around on my apps.  I am always proactively
(and sometimes reactively) adding features to my apps to improve them.
 And competition is always a good thing, for all parties involved.
Just wanted to gauge people's opinion about competitive promotional
strategies.

Game on,
-Chad