Thanks for the update. I'm not planning on anything of that scale :) just a few tickers I want to follow personally every so often.
-Chad On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Matt Sanford <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi all, > Requests for this have come up before so I opened a ticket for the > person working on our tokenizer to add this. I'm not sure when he'll get to > it but it's on the road map now. One bit of forewarning: if you try to query > for every ticker symbol every five minutes you're building something > unscalable and you can expect to hit the rate limit. Not that I'm sure this > is what people have in mind but I thought I'd put this out there ahead of > time just in case. > — Matt > On Feb 22, 2009, at 02:17 AM, Karthik Murugan wrote: > > No, they show status updates from unrelated profiles too. I guess, they are > indexing updates containing stock names and filtering out posts that don't > have a dollar sign before the stock name > > On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Chad Etzel <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> My SWAG is that they are just parsing their follower/friend stream >> themselves and highlighting tokens beginning with $. >> >> -Chad >> >> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Karthik <[email protected]> wrote: >> > >> > I'm looking for a similar feature too. I wonder how >> > http://stocktwits.com/streams/all >> > could show statuses containing $ >> > >> > On Feb 21, 10:35 pm, Chad Etzel <[email protected]> wrote: >> >> Yes, that's correct. Add $ as a token modifier, if you will. >> >> -Chad >> >> >> >> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Nick Arnett <[email protected]> >> >> wrote: >> >> >> >> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Chad Etzel <[email protected]> >> >> > wrote: >> >> >> >> >> Sorry I must have been unclear. >> >> >> >> >> I don't want the $ by itself, I want it to be a searchable character >> >> >> in conjunction with other strings, so I want to search for "$AAPL" >> >> >> or >> >> >> "$C" much like # is with hashtags. >> >> >> >> > FYI, in search engine language this means is that you want words to >> >> > be >> >> > tokenized with and without the $ (or other) similar characters. >> >> > Right now, it sounds like $AAPL is tokenized as "AAPL". If I >> >> > understand >> >> > correctly, you'd want the search engine to also add the token >> >> > "$AAPL". >> >> > NIck >> > >> >> > > >
