On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Chris Latko <ch...@latko.org> wrote:
> Excuse my ignorance on this, but aren't you forced to use either an
> authenticated or unauthenticated call depending on the API method? If
> this is the case, then you really don't have an option on how these
> calls are made.

I don't think you're "forced" to do unauthenticated calls on any API.
There are some that require authentication, like direct messages and
some that fall into an ambiguous position due the public/non-public
tweets.

E.g., if a user have a protected timeline, you need to be
authenticated to request the user_timeline of that user; otherwise,
doing an unauthenticated request will work fine. Mentions probably
fall in the same category (you can get some mentions using the search
API, but it won't return protected updates.)

--
Julio Biason <julio.bia...@gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason