WE're thinking about adding a feature to one of our products that
would let a user send up infomration using driect messages. This
information would be stored for alter retrieval by the user.

The problem we're seeing is that either we have to work out a way to
do this in blocks of 20, since that's the limit, or use the DM email
notification. The email route might be easiest to implement, and
possibly the most scalable (weirdly), but I'm  concerned about a
possible vulnerability. There's no way to really determine if the
email was sent from twitter, it could easily have come from anyone who
knew the senders name and id, something that isn't impossible to find
out. All the other header information could also be faked. I think
this is correct, but maybe I'm wrong on this.

So my question is, is there anyway to authenticate that the email is
actually coming from twitter and not someone else?