On 6/10/09 12:25 PM, Caliban Darklock wrote:
A very real concern that should enter the heads of those who oppose
"improper" use of Twitter is that there is a very real possibility
that the Twitter team will need to monetize the application, and the
single greatest opportunity to do that comes from those who are making
money on Twitter. When you compare a random college student, who
tweets his party invitations, to a spammer that makes $1,500 a day
sending affiliate URLs to a few million followers across a dozen
accounts... which one is more likely to pony up some cash?

It still boggles my mind what kind of money "marketers" are offering to give me if I'd do X, Y or Z for them on Twitter.

I'm not talking crazy money - I'll never get Oprah rich doing it - but it's certainly enough for 2-3 people to live on, very comfortably.

BOGGLES MY MIND.

The incentives make things fuzzy. When you have a group with no power
that dislikes the most likely avenue to earn revenue through the
service, that group tends to be ignored - there is simply no reason to
pay attention to them. They can't do anything more than leave.

OMG, you _so_ "get" it.  I thinks I luuuuurve you.  *crush, crush*

Twitter's business challenge is enabling the marketers to make money and give a portion of it back to Twitter, without letting them totally destroy the service in the process.

It's obviously an incredibly thin line ...

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/