On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Caliban Darklock <cdarkl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Every number on a computer is a score. The purpose of a score is to
> get a high one.
>
> No matter how you slice it, a vast number of people are going to play
> "Twitter: The Video Game", where the goal is to get as many followers
> as you can in the shortest possible time.

Caliban I agree - I'm simply proposing that my solution for follow limits is
at least a little better for users than what Twitter is currently doing.
 What is being done currently hurts the legitimate users more than it does
the spammers.  removing the ratios, reducing the limits, and removing the
limit entirely for following users that are already following an individual,
IMO makes much more sense so long as we're going to limit people in this.
 The other option is to just remove limits entirely, but I don't expect
Twitter to do that.

I'd love for Doug or Alex to get into this discussion, but I suppose it's
not up for discussion it would seem.

Jesse