Jesse,

> I'd love for Doug or Alex to get into this discussion, but I suppose it's
> not up for discussion it would seem.

I think it is a matter of Twitter, especially the founding members,
going through the agony of seeing their brainchild being used in ways
they did not intend, and witnessing their "baby" so to speak morph
into something they don't recognize and on some days perhaps even
don't like all that much.

As a fellow developer, you know how it is. You develop something with
a particular purpose and vision. And you have a level of affinity for
your own product that you created.

Seeing it change into something else, similarly to Twitter witnessing
their platform morphing from a social platform into one massive
marketing platform is an excruciating process.

When I analyze the people who follow my @dewaldp account on a daily
basis, I spot the rare "real" social user now and then. The rest are
all just tweeting links, or tweeting stupid bloody quotes.

So, I don't think it's a not-up-for-discussion issue. I think it's a
case of them not knowing exactly what to do about this. Do they
forcibly steer Twitter back towards a pure social platform, and put
higher risk on personal fortunes? Or do they let things continue as
is, which will probably result in higher valuation numbers?

Dewald