Duane,Yes, you will get an empty result set if you step off the end:

doug-williamss-macbook-pro:~ igudo$ curl -u dougw:PASSWORD "
http://twitter.com/statuses/followers.xml?count=100&page=43"; | grep
"</user>" | wc -l
100
doug-williamss-macbook-pro:~ igudo$ curl -u dougw:PASSWORD "
http://twitter.com/statuses/followers.xml?count=100&page=44"; | grep
"</user>" | wc -l
17
doug-williamss-macbook-pro:~ igudo$ curl -u dougw:PASSWORD "
http://twitter.com/statuses/followers.xml?count=100&page=45"; | grep
"</user>" | wc -l
0

Thanks,