Did you just propose NNTP for Tweets?

I hope we don't go reinventing the wheel. How many developers here were even alive in 1986? ;-)

On 7/22/09 6:41 PM, braver wrote:
After we lost a few days of gardenhose, I'm wondering whether it would
be OK for us gardenhosers to back up each other.  In case we do
research, for instance -- as we do at Dartmouth.

  I suggest the following: say you lost a day or a few within the range
since you were authorized, and are a member of our garden variety
cooperative.  You ask me to fill you in, and tell me the day you
started gathering the hose.  I pick a day for which you have data, and
ask you to verify a few tweets somehow -- e.g. tell me which tweet ids
there are for a certain user id.

Would it be OK to self-organize like that, and who'd be our buddy?

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/