On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Mario Menti <mme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Dean Collins <d...@cognation.net> wrote:
>
>>  If you have 7000 people following you already it’s not the 2000/1900
>> follow restriction it’s just the daily follow limit API.
>>
>> Wait until tomorrow and try again etc.
>>
>> This will obvious take 5 days for you to get all follow backs implemented.
>>

> Thanks Dean - I was hoping there'd be a quicker way, but may just have to
> do it the slow way...

This is a real pain, and while struggling with this (I still have at least
3-4 days to go though), I thought of this suggestion: why not make the
follow limits apply only to users who aren't following me already?

That way, if I'm a spammer trying to follow thousands of people I'll still
be hit by the limits, but if I'm a legit accoubt that just wants to follow
back a few thousand users who are already following me, the follow requests
*against existing followers* wouldn't count. Any reason why this wouldn't be
a better solution?