Twitter in their infinite wisdom decided to implement a limit on the
verify_credentials API call.

I believe its 15 calls per hour.

They have since come to their senses and said they will be rolling
back to the previous behavior. However, as yet they still haven't done
it. But personally, I wish they would hurry up!