Here is what is happening.  I am trying to create an app that runs on
my desktop.  It does a friendships/destroy on people that have chosen
not to follow me and does a friendships/create on people who are
following me that I have yet to follow.  This is supposed to be
similar to Twitter Karma.

Because I am in the development phase, I have had to do a lot of
testing.  Here are the steps I take to test.

1. I login in to Twitter via IE and add pick a handful of people to
follow.
2. I then go to my desktop app and click on a button and the process
starts.
3. The app does what it does and then I have the perfect number of
followers and friends (with the exception of followers who are no
longer allowed users).  By doing this it makes sure I never reach my
follower limits.
4. I do it again and again and again and ........
5. After a while I start getting the 403 errors.

So my questions are this.
1. Is there a limit to how many times I can do friendships/destroy or
friendships/create?  According to the API documentation, neither of
these apply towards the rate limit.
2. Is there a limit to the number of times a certain username can
login to Twitter in an hour, a day, etc?
3. Is there a limit to the number of times calls like this are made by
a certain IP address?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.