Frustrating.  The last official status update on the API issue was 10
hours ago.  I would like to be able to update our app's users of
SOMETHING other than "Twitter says they are working on it".  I am not
touching our code to handle all the new hoops on the assumption that
those requirements will subside when Twitter gets a handle on
things... but maybe I am wrong and there has now been yet another
major API revision that we must frantically code for over yet another
weekend?

There's been lots of posts from Twitter saying they plan for better
communication.  Okay, cool.  But it's Friday night and I am pulling my
hair out with no new information.  I am sure they are doing all they
can... but many third-party apps have been broken for 2 days now.  And
just as Twitter is getting bombarded with emails from developers...
developers, too, are getting bombarded with complaints/questions from
customers.  But what sucks is we have nothing to tell them other than
"we're waiting to hear from Twitter".  So... please, Twitter, update
us on what's going on?  Are there new permanent API changes we must
code for?  What is the ETA for whitelisted IPs to work properly?

Hate to think that another 12 hours are going to go by with API calls
continuing to fail when I wake up in the morning, and no additional
updates.

(Somewhat jokingly: can we get a fund together to pay that Georgian
dude $5000 or so to hang out on Facebook instead of Twitter?!)