1. When Twitter is having issues (like the recent DDoS attacks), OAuth
tends to suffer.  Basic Auth appears to hold up in these situations.

2. OAuth gives you the same access to the API that Basic Auth does.

3. OAuth requires that all requests to the API be signed as per the
OAuth spec, so implementing OAuth has implications beyond just the
authentication process.

4. Yes, you should probably start implementing OAuth.  Twitter has
stated its desire to eventually deprecate Basic Auth.