I've got a python app running on Google App Engine (appspot hosted)
that queries http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q= for simple
queries (e.g. "foo OR bar"), and it's being severely throttled (e.g.
can't get a successful request through (response 200 w/ data) more
than a couple of times per _hour_).

- I'm setting the UA string to something unique/identifiable (e.g. my
company name)
- I'm respecting the retry-after header coming back when I see a 503
(average retry-after duration is ~750)
- GAE turns the IP address behind the app over ~ every 6 hours
- app hits tries to hit search.twitter.com every 5 minutes.

I've successfully polled the endpoint at much higher rates (in
completely different IP address ranges) in the past, without issue.
Unclear what's going on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.