From: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
[mailto:twitter-development-t...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of JDG
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 16:19
To: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [twitter-dev] Re: Errornous link - Bracket problem with bit.ly

Yet another reason Twitter should NOT be bit.ly encoding URLs that do
not cause tweets to go > 140 chars. (or at all for that matter, leave
that up to the users)
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 13:42, Matthew Terenzio <mteren...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Yes, you need to ask twitter to fix that. They are using our api, but
obviously, they are encoding the ")" after the .jpg. Thanks for
letting us know, but yes, this is a twitter issue.

Good luck with that. Since it is acceptable to have the unencoded )
character in a  URL, I don't know how they might interpret that it does
not belong. They can make a good guess at best.

--
Internets. Serious business.