Maybe this isn't the right place, but...

>From a developer perspective I love the retweet API and it's potential
uses.

As a regular twitter user, I'm less thrilled. Once this is in place,
is it going to fundamentally what/how I see my public timeline? If the
mockups are anything to go by, it looks less useful. If someone I'm
following retweets something from SarahKSilverman, I don't want to see
SarahKSilverman appear in my timeline. I want to see the person I
know, that way I can easily attribute it with the appropriate amount
of importance and credibility. This issue becomes even more pronounced
when lesser known individuals are the source of the original tweet,
and when the topic being retweeted becomes more niche.

Or have I completely misunderstood the final implementation/
implications?

Thanks,

Glenn