Retweets will be searched by the follow parameter on the filter
resource. The intention is that you get all statuses (including
retweets) where any user_id field matches your predicate list. So,
tweets, replies and both ends of retweets.

If GAE cuts you off after 30 seconds, then you shouldn't open
connections to the Streaming API. Gather ye data elsewhere and smuggle
it into GAE by other means.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.