You should have only one, perhaps two, sockets open to the Streaming
API at any given time -- at most one on /1/statuses/filter and at most
one on /1/statuses/sample. Opening multiple connections to circumvent
limits is against the TOS. Also, opening more than one connection with
the same account is not allowed and your older connection may be
disconnected. Create a second account for the second connection.

-John Kalucki
http;//twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc