This is the new intended behaviour from what I have been told. All
tweets > 140 in length will be silently ignored.
I'm guessing they don't throw an error here yet to not break any
existing clients until they have upgraded.
Eventually I'm sure we will be some sort of 400 error in the future.
For now I'd recommend enforcing the 140 limit
in your software and warn the user if it's too long rather than going
ahead and posting it.

Josh