So it only look at the previous tweet from that user? Or the previous
tweet send by your application (via the API) for that user?
So for example: If you have 2 static messages A and B, and your app
posts tweet A, B, A, B, A, B, ... it shouldn't be a problem?

My webapp can tweet 2 static tweets (per user) when an event occurred.
Something like an alert/notification system that can optional tweet a
message for the followers.
I noticed that my tweets aren't post successfully (I'm speaking about
2-3 tweets per month per user, so no high number).
I found this thread and I read that you can't post duplicated tweets,
quite stupid since my users can enter a custom message, so this
message will be static.

At the moment, as temporally fix, I add a random and unique string to
the end of the tweet, just to be strange my tweet will be post
successfully, but this isn't nice...

Jelle