I agree with the idea, since I too have this need, but I think that
you'll still need to check the existence of matches in filtered stream
results. The algorithm used by this API doesn't always return what
you'd expect or need, such as making sure the matches are separate
words, or they are used in the right context or position. Even if the
API told me what it matched, I'd still want to parse each tweet myself
to prevent false positives.