here is something i just ran against the search API (i formatted the JSON for readability).

[ra...@tw-mbp13-raffi twitter (homing_pigeon)]$ curl "http://search.twitter.com/search.json?q=&ands=twitter+FTW&from=raffi "
{
    "results":
    [
        {
"profile_image_url":"http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/364041028/raffi-headshot-casual_normal.png ",
            "created_at":"Fri,
             20 Nov 2009 15:40:40 +0000",
            "from_user":"raffi",
            "to_user_id":null,
"text":"Soy milk, FTW (@ Twitter in SF) http://bit.ly/ NUNGf",
            "id":5892191934,
            "from_user_id":278432,
            "geo":
            {
                "type":"Point",
                "coordinates":
                [
                    37.7824,
                    -122.4009
                ]
            },
            "iso_language_code":"en",
"source":"<a href="http://foursquare.com" rel="nofollow">foursquare</a>"
        }
    ],
    "max_id":5900232920,
    "since_id":0,
    "refresh_url":"?since_id=5900232920&q=+twitter+FTW+from%3Araffi",
    "results_per_page":15,
    "page":1,
    "completed_in":0.01934,
    "query":"+twitter+FTW+from%3Araffi"