On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 03:15:21PM -0800, Julien wrote:
> If I get a tweet, the only way to know what keyword it matches is to
> compare all of its words to the words I'm tracking... (mayvbe there is
> something easier).
>
> That's quite "hard" but it becomes harder if I add operands. Say I
> have a search "romeo+juliet". When I get a tweet, I need to compare it
> to all the keywords, plus all the combinations :/ Technically that is
> not even doable if i have more than 10 keywords, since there are a LOT
> of combinations possible.

You are mistaken.  Provided you have appropriate support from your
language or its libraries, accomplishing this is trivial.  Using Perl
and Regexp::Assemble, FishTwits is currently tracking 1,358 words/
phrases and, for each tweet, building a list of which words/phrases
appear in that tweet.  It's very doable (quick, even), despite having
far more than 10 keywords involved.

--
Dave Sherohman