Hi,
I went through the group lists searching for a clear understanding of
API rate limit, but unfortunately could not able to get a clear idea.
There are already many discussions about this but i am asking this
again as i need this information to develop my product.

I have few simple questions, the answers to which will solve my
problem, any one please help,

does the limit applies to IP only?
ex, if N number of users are requesting through a whitelisted IP, then
only IP's limit count is decreased and the individual users count is
not changed

or is it ip and also user based ?
ex, if my IP is whitelisted, then for 20,000 users i will get 20k *
20k requests credit per hour.

Please explain the exact way the rate limit is working........

thanks and regards,
Vikas