I'm just starting out on writing a simple C++ library that integrates
with the Twitter API. As this is in the early stages I don't really
want to be integrating with the live twitter environment -
1) I may be sending over a load of broken requests while I work out
that I'm doing
2) The status updates / etc will just be for testing and I don't
really want them through on my live account
3) I don't want to get blacklisted or keep hitting rate limits

Is there a preproduction / dev version of the twitter api that's just
for developers to integrate with? I couldn't find anything in the FAQ,
it seems very much like it's live or nothing.

Cheers,

Oli