Hi Jason,

As far as im aware the widget does not actually get rate limited, i'm
sure i read somewhere that this was not included in the normal rate
limit (but don't quote me on that).

The best way is to use an effecting caching technique. If you cache
the content every x minutes you should be covered if a certain page
was to get hammered.

What is the context of your application and have you considered white
listing if you really need to be using the API for every request?

Regards,
Josh