I am working on a project where I need to extract some tweets from my
friends and followers. I follow a couple of employees of Twitter, and
for some reason, I cannot retrieve the tweets for one of them. In
Python urllib2, I get a 500 error. In my script, I retry upon a 500,
but this profile consistently returns a 500 error.

If I use curl to try to retrieve this user's tweets, I get a 500 web
page ("Thanks for noticing! We'll get on it" or something like that)
instead of a JSON error return.

I can email privately which user I am talking about because I don't
want to post it here unless it is ok. Is this is a random problem, or
is there extra security on employee profiles? I also experience this
problem when trying to list their tweets in Tweetie.

TIA,
Ryan