Indeed. I tried several other employees. Not all of them exhibited
this behavior, but all of the users that did, were Twitter employees.

If this is some magic, it would be better for it to throw a 404 or
401. I think most developers disregard 404s, but retry on 500.
In my application, retrying on 500 led to an infinite loop.

R.