I would also argue that, at the time of status 1111 whomever owned the
AAAA account was the one that actually made the post...so it doesn't
really matter who is controlling AAAA right now...they are associated
with the history of the account, because, well it's a history.

As an aside though, is there really that much username changing going
on?  I would think it's more likely an account goes idle or dead than
gets transferred to another user...and for the most part this feels
like a discussion about designing a system to scale to handle a
kabillion users when it's not even clear yet if 10 users would
actually use the service...

Don't sweat the edge cases so much, fear will paralyze you...it's
better to be 'completely broken' for a small percentage of people than
to not exist for anyone...

Just my two cents ;-)

- Kevin