+1 for NetBeans! I don't remember if it does Perl, but it definitely
does Ruby, Python and PHP. And it's a boatload easier to use than
Eclipse. Of course, if you do Android development, you probably need
Eclipse anyhow. :-(

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net

"I've always regarded nature as the clothing of God." ~Alan Hovhaness