> c. The Streaming API isn't designed to play well with desktops /
> laptops / mobiles.

(not to change the direction of the thread) just out of curiosity - why do
you think that's the case?  we don't intend it not to play well, and want to
know what you think should be fixed.

> The environment in which Twitter and the Twitter development community
> operate is changing rapidly. The *desktop* oAuth tradeoffs may have
> made sense a year ago. before the huge growth spurt in awareness and
> usage of Twitter in 2009. As I've noted, I think the *server* oAuth
> tradeoffs still make sense. I think we need to take the advice of
> Wayne Gretzky and "skate to where the puck is going to be."

i just want to really emphasize that we all do energetically read these
email threads and try to learn as much as we can from them.  this thread, so
far, has been great.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team