Hey man, good morning.

If you are developing a web app, OAUTH is the way to go.

I am using Twitter4J but for sure oauth-python-twitter has methods to
do the same, this is what I do:

1) Generate the authorization url using the twitter account of the app

2) I redirect the user to that URL which is twitter login form

3) Twitter redirects the user to a callback url I set up in the app
account with the authentication tokens

4) I store those auth token in a DB where I also have the user profile

5) Whenever I want to communicate with Twitter I retrieve those tokens
from the storage and use them.

This is the app I am working on in case you wanna check the flow.

Cheers!!!