atomic mouse wrote:
I replaced the first post here ::

Hello Friends;

In December I wrote a little function to allow users to update our
Twitter status by  completing a form embedded in our CMS. This has
worked fine untill last week.

The script simply sends a ajax post to "http://twitter.com/statuses/
update.xml"

Unfortunately it returns the following error:
      Permission denied - line 13

Which is the line stating :
      axobj.open("POST",purl,false,"my username","my password");

*The "my username" and "my password" is replaced with the correct
login details at runtime.

Here is the complete test code:

<%...@language="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
<head>
        <title></title>
<script type="text/javascript">
function asp_twitter_update(strMsg)
{

        var axobj,purl;

        purl = "http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml";;

        axobj = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
        axobj.open("POST",purl,false,"my username","my password");
        axobj.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-
form-
urlencoded");
        //axobj.setRequestHeader("Connection", "close");

        axobj.send("status="+Server.URLEncode(strMsg));

}

        asp_twitter_update("This is the new status message to be
posted");
</script>
</head>

I have spent around 18 hours so far trying to solve this problem, but
no luck so far.

Any and all help in resolving this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ajax cannot send to end points outside of your server. You have to use a local proxy. I guess the other problem is that you have no user agent specified.

In any case, storing a username and password readable in JavaScript is a terrible idea. Anyone looking at the source of this page could send Tweets on your behalf.