I just want to ask how you guys handle the following situation.  And please
correct anything that is incorrect.

The user starts up your application, and they have exhausted all of their
rate limit(using another application).  Your application does not know this
when it is first starting because you haven't made a rate limited request
yet.  You now make the rate limited request, and you get the "403:
Forbidden" error back.  I can only assume that Twitter will send the
"X-Ratelimit-Limit" header with the response error.

Does your application allow this request and then process the error, set the
rate limit information(you would need the date to tell the user when the
rate limit will reset), and go about your business?  In my app, I do a rate
limit check before making the request(using the account/rate_limit_status
method).  Since I can no longer do this(since that method returns 150
instead of 350), I was wondering how others handle this.

Just my personal opinion, but I think it's a horrible decision to have the
rate limiting headers ONLY returned for rate limited methods.  This now
requires me to make a rate limited call just to get the rate limit, which
brings the previous scenario into play.

Thanks,

Ryan